« Home | Megan Hutchinson and Life Hurts, God Heals » | BarlowGirl Concert You Won't Want to Miss! » | Chad Eastham Speaks on Friday Night » | Photo Shoot Preview » | Dove Evolution » | The Promise Conference Blog » | "The Promise" »

Cheerleaders Beware!

Have you ever noticed... cheerleaders get no respect!

Except from other cheerleaders... Sports people don't want to recognize our athleticness... It's a thank-less sport (yes, I said SPORT!) When I was a cheerleader (almost 400 years ago now), I worked hard and sweat a lot! I have two seriously compromised ankles to prove it!

All this to say, I found this interesting article on the dangers of cheering. Here's a little of what it said:
According to the American Academy of Pediatrics Section on Sports Medicine and Fitness, between 1982 and 2001, 50 percent of the catastrophic injuries to female athletes were in cheerleading. The increasingly competitive nature of the sport has lead to ever more dangerous stunts like tosses and pyramids.

There's some serious stuff in that article! I had no idea! Yes, folks, it's now a proven fact that cheerleading is maybe the most dangerous sport for girls because it's tough, and challenging, and... wait... maybe this just means we're clumsy?!

Ah, nevermind.

I could never be a cheerleader.. I'm scared of heights. :)

i love the layout...how did you get it?

omg I am a cheerleader and forever scared

Post a Comment